Tuesday, August 28, 2018

WW2 Russians and a small dash of fantasy

Just finished some Black Tree Design WW2 Russians firing a DSHK 1938 12.7MM HMG.  Since they were wearing winter clothes I tried for the first time to add snow to my bases.  I used a mixture of baking soda, white glue and white paint.  I do not think I had the mixture right as it started to turn brown after I put it on.  After many coats of white paint I finally were able to get white snow.  Not sure why it changed color on me.  Maybe next time I paint white where I want the snow so the ground color does not bleed through, or I just buy some snow effects and call it a day.






The "snow" kept throwing my camera off but I think you get the picture.  It was not until I was up loading the pictures that I noticed the paint missing from the nose of the figure on the right in the first picture...that has now been corrected.

This last figure is of a Halfling riding an Emu.  I had such a blast painting this.  It was a nice change to paint something that was not in uniform.




Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment