Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Another unit for the Sudanese

This unit came about after I assembled most of the Perry Bros plastic Sudanese.  I was looking at what I had left and saw that there were sooooo many heads left over.  Not wanting them to be banished to purgatory in my bits box, I went on a quest to find a use for them.  In the back corner of the twin mountains (my unpainted lead and plastic figures) under a mound of dust, I found a box of Wargames Factory Zulus that I bought ages ago.  I never really liked the sculpting on the heads and some of the poses are definitely funky, but the wheels were turning....

My dad and I are collecting colonial troops for our respective armies, French and American for him and German and British for me, all set in a fictional Africa setting loosely based on the Anglo- Sudan war.  We have a ton of native troops painted and are still painting more and whit the philosophy of more is always better, I decided to Frankenstein an unit together.  I know that there were no Beja tribes wearing garb that a Zulu would feel comfortable in, but I don't care :)   These are Wargames Factory Zulu bodies and arms with Perry Miniatures heads, shields, and an arm or two.  When massed together with the other troops they do look impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment