Monday, March 14, 2016

What I've been up to

Not too long ago I received a large order from Black Tree Design for my early crusades/fantasy setting.



They are mostly 2nd Crusade spearmen and knights, Norman spearmen and knights, 100yr war swordmen, and a few dark age Saxons and Vikings thrown in to add variety.  I plan on giving every knight 1 -4 followers in the same livery.  I also ordered/converted 20 peasants, some armed some not.  After all, I need someone for my orcs/goblins to raid :)

However, not long after I took these pictures I lost my painting mojo.  I cleared my desk and grabbed 6 figures to paint which seemed to work.  Please excuse the blurry photos.




2 comments:

  1. Very nice job on those. The wood grain on the spear shaft is particularly impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm always on the fence on if I should paint the wood grain or not. I've seen some great looking figures with no wood grain painted, but I've always painted wood this way so that's what I end up doing :)

    ReplyDelete