Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Pyrates!

Black Tree Design has launched a Pirates of Treasure Island Kickstarter.  Since I was a little kid I've always loved pirates.  I have fond memories of riding the Pirates of the Caribbean when I was a little kid at Disney Land.  Floating through the town being sacked by pirates and then between two ships firing broadsides into each other.  If that doesn't kick start you r love for pirates then nothing will!  Fast forward about 30 years, and my love for pirates is still going strong.  I recently took my two daughters to Disney Land and I had only one demand that was non negotiable, we had to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.  Even though it has changed since the time I first went on it, I still had a blast.
So you can imagine my surprise when I received two pirates along with some other figures.  A pirate with one leg and a crutch and a young boy.  The two immediately made me think of Long John Silver and Jim Hawkins from Treasure Island.

 Which is a good thing as the label on the package, that I did not read in my haste to look at the figures, clearly said Treasure Island.   I quickly watched Treasure Island again to get the painting mojo really flowing and then put paint to metal.  I really like these figures and they were a blast to paint.   The bases had wood planking texture and I continued the deck planking with coffee stirrer sticks.  If the rest of the figures are like these two, which they appear to be, then they would be a great addition to any pirate collection. 

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment