Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Goblins and their "pet"

So what happens when the hero can not rescue the fair princess from the forces of evil?  It is a question few ask and even fewer want to answer.  I had some old Black Tree Design goblins kicking around for a while in my "I'll get to it eventually" box next to my painting desk.  After I finished a group of figures, I just reached into the box and was going to paint the first thing I picked up.  And they say the rest is history....

Painting them up as night goblins did not fit the aesthetic of my other orcs and goblins.  So while they were primed and waiting, I was looking for medieval princesses.  I just happened to look down and laugh thinking they looked like goblin princesses.  That's when a light bulb went off, goblins like nice and shiny things and what's nicer than a princess dress?  

That's when these nasty gobbos were born.  When a hero fails to rescue the fair princess, do people think that the goblins just lock her up and feed/clothe her until she is rescued? No, they probably feed her to their "pet" troll, the real reason the hero fails their mission.  The goblins then get the pretty dress.  It's a win win  for them.  










 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Love the paint jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it was fun to paint some different colors other than browns and greys :)

    ReplyDelete